Saturday, June 22, 2013

Juices Flowing

Hello!

It is 2:56 a.m. I have my writers group in eleven and a half hours. If you want to be a writer, join a group. JOIN A GROUP! I found mine on craigslist.org/meetup.com. Now I have the first half of a children's novel written (I got stuck when I got the kids' to the moon but couldn't decide if the aliens were going to be good or bad ...), then I switched over to a nice adult kind of novel. ADULT y'all. Like the kind I save with a password so my beloveds don't read it. Though, I did let my sister-in-law read it, but I swore her to secrecy ... and she was a little freaked out. Slight changes have since been made.

The cool thing about writing stuff, I don't really know where it comes from. Creativity and such. It just happens. I could feel the inspiration tingling yesterday, but I had to beat my oldest at chess to earn computer time, but then felt bad about winning and let him have the laptop, while I then beat my 7 year old at chess. Barely.

It stayed with me, that tingle. Being me, I procrastinated the writing, which is super easy when your husband has only been home about 8/24 hours a day for the last week or two and you have three wacktastic kiddos. I took the kids to the splash park and got us all sunburnt. I watched a fabulous, mostly plotless, character driven independent film (Natural Selection, if you wanna Netflix it). And then I thought to myself, I said I was presenting ... I gotta write something, so I grabbed a vat of assorted nuts and a couple of bottles of diet Dr. B (the name of the soda and its cheap, cheap price are enticing, but it tastes just like diet Dr. Pepper, which tastes just like Dr. Pepper, WHICH ROCKS) and I punched out the requisite 5 pages (which take the novel up to 20 pages which is possible 10% complete) (which would be great, but I'm not sure what the plot or climax or resolution or theme is/are ... sheesh ... I'm a fakey fake writer ...)

My sentences seem a lot run-ony tonight.

Let's reward my late-nite productivity with MORE DIET DR.B and ANOTHER plotless indie flick (it's not terrible having a workaholic husband when you get to pick the Netflix with no compromises needed at ALL!)

The End.

Good bye now.

1 comment:

  1. Send me your writing!! There is nothing too adult for me. Wow... That sounds bad. But I mean it anyway. I am so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete